Transitions Team Support Manager
Due to the continued expansion of our managed pub business, we are currently looking for a Transitions Team Support Manager to join our team. This role is a mixture of admin and project management and would therefore suit someone with a similar background that has knowledge of the pub industry.
The key focus of the Development and Transitions Team is to move current pubs that operate under a lease or tenancy (Ei Publican Partnerships - EiPP) into our Craft Union managed pubs portfolio. This brand new and exciting role will provide invaluable support to the Development & Transitions Manager for managing all aspects of the Craft Union pipeline and transition process. You will need to be highly organised due to the variety of active projects at any one time and therefore some project management experience or a highly organised admin background would be advantageous - you will be most at home using lists, trackers, reminders etc. Experience or an understanding of the concept of site selections would also be highly beneficial and a knowledge of the pub industry or licensed trade is essential.
The role will require you to be field based as around 50% of your time will be travelling the country to review sites and attend meetings at our support offices in the Midlands and Yorkshire, the rest of your time will be home office based completing the varied administrative tasks involved. Being a new position, you will also have the opportunity to help define the role.
- Provide full support to the Development & Transitions Manager in the complex but exciting process of identifying, evaluating and transitioning sites from the leased and tenanted side of the business over to Craft Union and managing the evaluation process with key stakeholders.
- Take full ownership of the management and maintenance of the pipeline tracker, ensuring the highest level of accuracy, seamless communication between the Development & Transitions, the internal Craft Union operations team and the effective management of site visits.
- Co-ordinate site transition plans with EIPP, facilitating and attending any further required site visits and meetings and establishing requirements for surrender negotiations, potential of working with current publicans, TUPE liability etc. Ensure all transition plan actions are documented and completed by all transition business units.
- Work cross functionally and closely with the Property team facilitating access with EIPP for any property visits that form part of the pipeline evaluation and transition process.
- Take an active role in the execution of site transition and investment plans, ensuring all dates and operational plans are effectively communicated to the Craft Union Operations team, the wider EIPP teams and external companies. Ensuring sites are statutorily compliant and all relevant paperwork and contracts (such as Sky and BT sports) are in place, resulting in a successful and seamless pub opening. If necessary you will be required to attend and manage a site transition.
- Chair and manage the weekly ‘roll out’ conference call and maintain the roll out tracker to reflect the outcome of the call, distributing minutes and taking ownership of actions to ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
We are really interested in hearing from you if:
- You have knowledge or experience of the concept of site selection criteria
- You have an understanding of the licensed trade, ideally gained from experience within the pub industry
- You are experienced with analysing data in order to draw conclusions and make informed recommendations
- You have fantastic organisational and communication skills
- You are fully competent in all MS office packages; able to produce mail merges and excel reports including formulae, v lookup and pivot tables etc.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment, keeping calm under pressure and prioritising a heavy and varied workload
- You are self-driven as the role will often work in isolation in the field
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the way things are done to ensure operational efficiency
- You are willing and able to travel, with possible overnight stays
In addition to a competitive salary you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Company car scheme
- 25 days’ holiday plus statutory holidays
- Death in Service benefit
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Free Parking and subsidised onsite catering
- Flexible benefits through salary sacrifice. These are optional and available at preferential rates including Dental Insurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Gym Membership, Share Scheme, Holiday Purchase (up to 5 days).
- ‘My Rewards’ – an employee discount programme that provides significant savings across a wide range of products from everyday purchases to special items like holidays and gifts for Christmas