General Manager - BrewDog Camden
We're on the hunt for a General Manager for BrewDog Camden!
We at BrewDog have one mission. We want to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. Our bars are at the forefront of that mission, delivering amazing beer & customer service at all times. Globally we have 66 bars - 43 in the UK, 3 in the US & 20 internationally!
BrewDog Camden is a particularly special venue. It was our first ever bar in England and as such is one of the OG bespoke craft beer locations in London and still attracts BrewDog pilgrims from all over the world. A stone’s throw from the famous Camden Lock market, this is a cool place to be based and a great opportunity to head up our original flagship London site!
About The Role
We are constantly to push the boundaries & always trying to ensure the distance between ourselves and our customers is as small as possible, and our bars are a vital meeting point for passionate craft beer enthusiasts and novices alike.
As GM you will play an important role in helping us fulfil our mission. We are evangelical about beer, and you will have the opportunity to help us redefine how people experience, perceive and think about beer.
- Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of the unit's operations.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the venue are run efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring that each part of the business works closely with each other to create the best craft beer offering in the world.
- Shape how this bar remains one of our key UK sites in an expanding business and industry. We want you to tell us what needs to be done to ensure this happens. You are the chief! And we plan to empower you to make the key decisions that impact the craft beer world.
- You will be responsible for leading and developing a team of around 10 BrewDog crew across both the bar and kitchen.
- You will be fully P&L accountable with a major emphasis on continued like for like growth.
- You will be overall responsible for delivering an amazing guest experience.
- Identifying, interviewing and hiring amazing talent.
About The Team
Located just off Camden High Street, our original London bar needs a new GM who can be all over all aspects of the business, both front and back of house. BrewDog Camden is a haven for your ultimate beer geek, but also the first opportunity many people ever have to try craft beer, so being on top of range and experience is imperative here. Our experienced team of 10 beer fanatics are in need of a GM to be on top of managing a profitable and balanced P&L while still striving to be the best craft beer bar in London!
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a food & drink business is essential.
- Proven experience working with a Kitchen Team with exceptional standards.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and developing a driven and high performing with examples of team progression.
- We want you to be a massive beer geek & you need to inspire others to become beer geeks, so we would like you to have a good level of knowledge of craft beer & the brewing industry, but we can & will provide comprehensive beer training for everyone that joins our business.
- Be inspiring! Being able to make people passionate about great food and awesome craft beer.