General Manager - BrewDog Canary Wharf
We're on the hunt for a General Manager for BrewDog Canary Wharf!
We at BrewDog have one mission. We want to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. Our bars are at the forefront of that mission, delivering amazing beer & customer service at all times. Globally we have 66 bars - 43 in the UK, 3 in the US & 20 internationally!
BrewDog Canary Wharf is be located on Churchill Place and the site is unreal! Overlooking the canal linking the old North and South Docks, this mecca serves incredible BrewDog & guest craft beers AND has it's own cool outdoor area to make the most of the good weather when it returns!
The site opened in October and has traded above and beyond all expectations since then, so we now need a Superstar GM to continue this trajectory and push the bar to the next level
About The Role
We are constantly to push the boundaries & always trying to ensure the distance between ourselves and our customers is as small as possible, and our bars are a vital meeting point for passionate craft beer enthusiasts and novices alike.
As GM you will play an important role in helping us fulfil our mission. We are evangelical about beer, and you will have the opportunity to help us redefine how people experience, perceive and think about beer.
- Responsible for effectively managing all aspects of the unit's operations.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the venue are run efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring that each part of the business works closely with each other to create the best craft beer offering in the world.
- Shape how this bar becomes our busiest & most profitable bars in the UK. We want you to tell us what needs to be done to ensure this happens. You are the chief! And we plan to empower you to make the key decisions that impact the craft beer world.
- You will be responsible for leading and developing a team of 35 plus BrewDog crew across kitchen and bar!
- You will be fully P&L accountable for an £60,000+ a week business!
- You will be overall responsible for delivering an amazing guest experience for a large-scale food & drink operation!
- Identifying, interviewing and hiring amazing talent.
About The Team
We’ve been bringing craft beer to London’s financial hub for just over three months now, and the response has been absolutely insane! We need someone to take this momentum and run with it, pushing us to the next level and cementing BrewDog Canary Wharf’s place as the premier BrewDog bar in the UK! This is a particularly food focussed venue, with a super solid lunch trade and very established culture of big bookings every day.
Running a high volume food and drink site while effectively managing GPs, labour costs, purchasing and range is no easy task; so we need someone with proven experience who is looking for the next exciting chapter in their career!
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing large scale food & drink businesses is essential.
- Proven experience working with a large Kitchen Team with exceptional standards.
- Experience managing a large team (30 people minimum) including a large Senior Team across the venue.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and developing a driven and high performing with examples of team progression.
- We want you to be a massive beer geek & you need to inspire others to become beer geeks, so we would like you to have a good level of knowledge of craft beer & the brewing industry, but we can & will provide comprehensive beer training for everyone that joins our business.
- Be inspiring! Being able to make people passionate about great food and awesome craft beer.