Salary: Up to £23,00-£25,000 per annum
OTE/Bonus Potential: £3,000
Name of Site: The Walrus
Experience required: 2 Years
The Walrus – a fabulously refurbished 200-year-old pub in the heart of Brighton. Many a tale can be told here and the walls are dripping with history and memories of awesome evenings!
The Walrus really has to be seen to be believed, not only do we boast a beautifully designed 100+ restaurant – rich with original features – but we also have a hidden two storey roof garden! It doesn’t end there however as we also have The Underbelly! – a space like no-other for live music, cabaret or private function – you name it, it’s happened there! Overall this monster venue has over 400 covers across 4 incredible floors!
Sound like you’re sort of venue? Well, as luck would have it we are currently recruiting for an outstanding Assistant Manager to join us as we continue to go from strength to strength.
Our ideal Assistant Manager:
- Would be confident in dealing with both high volume drink sales, but also able to jump on the floor and run a busy fully booked restaurant with impeccable service.
- You’d also need to understand events, as we often have multiple bookings across all floors going on!
- Being able to train and support our growing team is a key asset for our next Assistant Manager.
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as be a leader – you will need to work on projects and assume responsibility in the General Manager’s absence.
- We have a really strong food offering and we want our service to match the level of quality we put on the plate.
- Be customer driven and enjoy engaging with guests and cultivating relationships within the community.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Enjoy and maintain the high standards the pub is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets, budgeting would be an advantage.
- A Personal Licence.
What’s in it for you as an Assistant Manager:
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme of up to £3,000 a year.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 per employee in 2017.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
We look forward to hearing from our next “Assistant Manager”
Ali, Adam and Team