Salary: Up to £11.50ph
Location: Covent Garden, Central London
Name of Site: Bow Street Tavern
Experience required: 2 Years at Sous Chef level working with fresh food
Bow Street Tavern recently relaunched in October 2018 after an extensive refurbishment. Having been one of Covent Garden’s most landmark establishments, with links back to London’s first ever police force, City Pub Group spent a long time restoring this beautiful building back to its former glory. Since re-opening, trade has been steadily growing and as such we are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to join our kitchen team.
Trading over three floors, Bow Street Tavern has a fresh food offer, with our own house specialities as well as some more recognisable pub classics. Vegan options feature strongly on our menu, but meat eaters are always well looked after also. Our 1st floor space ‘The Fielding Room’, is our more formal dining room with full table service, with the ground floor bar area being a popular spot for bar snacks and informal gatherings. We also feature a top floor private dining space ‘The Inspector’s Office’, great for private dinners for groups of up to 18.
To continue with our ongoing success, we’re currently recruiting an experienced sous-chef to work directly with our head chef, Gareth. Experience at this kind of level is a must, you will be responsible for running busy services, directing another chef to ensure the upmost quality is upheld.
Not only will you have the opportunity to be involved in one of our flagship sites, we also offer excellent benefits including company profit share, staff discounts, plus a whole lot more!
Keen to hear more? Wait no longer and get in touch… you won’t be disappointed!
What our Sous Chef can expect:
- The opportunity to work alongside an experienced Head Chef who is passionate about developing his team.
- Consistently working with fresh ingredients and working closely with the head chef to develop interesting and seasonally changing menus.
- Share of tips and service charge.
- Flexible shift patterns and 2 days off a week.
- Comprehensive training and development including the opportunity to take part in our chef development programme.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Meals on shift and uniform supplied.
About our next Sous Chef:
- An enthusiastic, and experienced Sous chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- Someone with a background in managing teams and dealing with fresh ingredients.
- Proven track record within a professional kitchen, experience in managing GP’s and strict health and safety regulations.
- Effective communication skills.
- A team player who will be eager to assist in the training and development of the junior team.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our people just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
We look forward to hearing from you.