Assistant Manager (The Roundhouse)
Assistant Manager – The Roundhouse
Salary – Up to £28,000
Experience – At least 1 year in a destination Gastro Pub
At The Roundhouse we pride ourselves on offering our customers the finest and most scrumptious seasonal menu and local drinks.
We are a year-round destination, who take our regulars very seriously. We love everyone who visits the roundhouse to feel like they are coming to their home from home. Our bar area is stocked with a great selection of draft and wines that are changed regularly to offer something for everyone. We also have a cosy restaurant at the back which welcomes all and comes alive on Sundays for our famous roasts.
We are looking for an experienced and confident Assistant Manager that can join this busy, service-led pub/restaurant and has a genuine love for great service, amazing food and incredible drinks. You will have the opportunity to help shape The Roundhouse working alongside the General Manager to develop new ideas and grow your teams. We want the Roundhouse to be Wandsworth’s best pub, and we need your help!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
About our next Assistant Manager:
- Experience of running high volume service and liaising with the kitchen team.
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as be a leader – you will need to on projects and assume responsibility in the General Manager’s absence.
- We have a really strong food offering and we want our service to match the level of quality we put on the plate.
- Be customer driven and enjoy engaging with guests and cultivating relationships within the community.
- Working knowledge of general Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Enjoy and maintain the high standards the pub is known for as well as finding creative ways to attract new customers.
- Knowledge of seasonal ingredients and a passion to share this with our eager team.
- Wine service experience and passion to recommend pairings for our ever-changing food menu.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Social Media & Events planning, including the use of the function room.
What’s in it for our next Assistant Manager:
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme
- Performance related Share Options.
- Huge training and learning opportunities including on job, external courses and our 10-month Assistant Managers Development Programme.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an enthusiastic support team and interesting range of customers.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
- Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sarah and Team