Designate General Manager - Local Pubs
5 days left
- Pub General Manager
Designate General Manager - Local Pubs
The Local Pubs division is part of the Greene King Retail Division - our largest and fastest growing business. With approximately 500 sites across the UK our Local Pubs division operates a range of unique community and high-street pubs which attract a variety of customers and offer something for everyone.
The Designate Manager Role
Our Designate General Manager programme is designed for experienced managers currently working in a retail, service, customer-facing industry or non-branded pub environment, who are keen to train into a new career as a General Manager within Greene King. With our fantastic fast-track training, you could be managing your own pub in less than six months.
The programme involves
2 weeks at Head Office, getting to know Greene King, support staff and completing industry compliance training which includes Cellar Management (IBAQ), Management of Food Safety and Management of Health & Safety
Up to a further 10 weeks in a Training House - on the job training alongside experienced managers
Completion of Relief and Holding Management roles - to gain experience from a variety of businesses.
The programme is designed to monitor your performance with regular reviews throughout. During this time your will receive continuous support from your training manager and the Business Development Manager.
After a successful final assessment, designate managers should be ready for their first appointment as a Retail Manager, subject to the right pub being available.
- A minimum of 2 years management experience with overall responsibility, preferably in a customer facing, service or retail environment
- Accountability for all aspects of leading, motivating and managing a team of at least 5 people including recruitment, training, development & managing employee relations
- Evidence of Financial acumen & business development sales and profit growth, effective control of costs/wages/stock, budgets.
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Flexibility and the ability to move around geographically for training and relief roles
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, train and develop a team to achieve outstanding results, and directly manage poor performance
- Business focus – ability to generate additional revenue by maximising opportunities and actively promoting the business to develop a significant competitive advantage
- Customer focused with a passion to exceed customer’s needs and expectations
- Reliable, honest and able to act with integrity
- Professional, well presented appearance
- Ability to consistently deliver and drive exceptional standards and quality service
- Desire to excel, succeed & win
- Ability to make decisions, use own initiative and take responsibility
- Self-motivated with the ability to demonstrate passion and energy, and to thrive under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to win over & understand your team and customers
- Proven organisational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to work to and comply with relevant legislative requirements including licensing laws, health and safety, hygiene, employee relations
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Share-Save Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 33% Greene King Discount Card (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- High-Street Retail Vouchers and Shopping Discounts – saving you money
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity - apply now!
Being a Designate General Manager within the local division of Greene King is a truly fantastic opportunity! If you think you have what it takes to be our new Designate General Manager get in touch now!