Deputy General Manager - The Chichester Hotel
The Chichester Hotel in Wickford is seeking an enthusiastic, confident and highly motivated Deputy General Manager to assist the General Manager and the onsite team in the continual delivery and exceptional service our guests expect.
The role involves a wide range of responsibilities including: managing the professional day to day operation of the hotel in partnership with the General Manager ensuring we exceed the expectations of our guests at all times, Company standards are met and delivered consistently with attention to detail and budgeted profitability is achieved.
The Deputy Manager has an important role in promoting our purpose, values and behaviours at all time and is responsible for leading, coaching and developing the Operational Department Managers and creating a team environment which promotes good team morale, ensuring a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel in order that our teams create a memorable experience for our customers on every occasion.
Key Personal Attributes
To join the team we need individuals who can drive commerciality through caring and pride. Being personable, reliable, inspirational, driven and enthusiastic by nature.
Key Performance Behavioural Indicators
The key performance behavioural requirements of the Deputy General Manager role include:
- Providing leadership which utilises the full potential of the team.
- Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
- Acquiring skills and knowledge relating to the job role.
- Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
- Improving quality and service standards by paying attention to detail.
- Anticipating potential problems and business opportunities within the planning process.
- Demonstrating a systematic approach to organisation and administration.
- Focusing on producing results through encouraging high achievement.
The successful applicant must have previous experience within the hospitality industry, possess financial and commercial awareness, have good knowledge of current legislation including Health and Safety, Food Safety, Liquor Licensing and Employment Law. The successful applicant must have proven experience in leading, motivating and developing Managers and Team Members.