General Manager - Ely Hotel, Camberley
General Manager - Ely Hotel, Camberley
About the Hotel
- Average weekly turnover: £50k
- Split Wet/Food: 25% / 35%
- Accommodation 40%
The Ely Hotel is a large multi revenue Hotel which recently completed a £1 million refurbishment. With 37 completely refurbished en-suite bedrooms the Ely offers a friendly yet professional guest experience.
With a function suite to accommodate for up to 100 guests, The Ely hosts many events particularly weddings and weekday conferences and meetings.
A vibrant local food and beverage business with a popular pub hosting monthly live music events and an 80 cover restaurant, strong midweek corporate occupancy and weekend events means the site exceeds £50k a week and has the potential for more under new leadership.
We are looking for:
Applications are invited from organized, customer focused self-starters who can demonstrate a good track record to date in driving sales in a branded offer. An ability to promote, market and grow the business will be a must as a can do attitude that will energize and grow your teams to deliver great standards of service and customer satisfaction.
Experienced Hotel Manager required for High Profile site with Old English Inns!!
Old English Inns are a collection of some of England’s historic pubs inns and hotels, steeped in history and loved for their warmth and hospitality. Whether taking time out in a pub or getting away to a hotel, we’re sure you’ll fall in love with our cosy bars, crooked walls and low beams.
Your experience with Old English Inns will be different every time: choose from over 100 pubs, inns and hotels in some of the most beautiful parts of the country across 24 counties. Discover old coaching inns, attractive town houses, thatched and timbered buildings, all individual in style, packed full of history, warm and welcoming – in market towns, countryside and seaside locations.
We’ve invested a great deal of time and efforts restoring many of our buildings to their former glory, while ensuring our facilities are firmly based in the 21st century. All of the charm of the past with the convenience of the present – a unique combination ensuring that every stay with us is different!
With informal table service and beautiful settings, this is perfect for a manager who has come from a branded food operation background with a similar style food service.
It's all about you
- Optimum satisfaction comes from leading, enabling and nurturing the team to support them to grow, develop and achieve their goals
- Being charismatic you have a natural flare to build meaningful relationships with stake holders, fellow colleagues and your local community.
- A dynamic and evolving customer orientated environment that inspires and encourages social interaction is where you work best
- Passion to deliver exceptional service and great food in a place where people can connect and share good times.
- From previous management experience in retail, hospitality or leisure you will have acquired outstanding commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Thrive on taking accountability for the growth of the business being able to drive and deliver great results in line with the business strategy
- Career progression and training excites and motivates you to be the best leader you can be
Because it’s so important to your success, we’ll make sure that your induction is time well spent. As you divide your time between our residential inductions and your training house of excellence, we’ll ensure that you have all of the knowledge and skills needed to be able to bring your own winning ways to your new business
Competitive Salary & Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Share-Save Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 33% Greene King Discount Card (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- High-Street Retail Vouchers and Shopping Discounts – saving you money
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses