Sous Chef - Kudos Delivered
Kudos Delivered are one of London’s most creative caterers and service provider for events, weddings, contract catering at venues and daily office deliveries. The Company has been around for over 40 years and is part of a larger Partnership.
We are now seeking an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to work within the award winning Kudos team based in the heart of Bishopsgate. The successful candidate will carry out high quality food preparation and assist the Head Chef in the preparation and service of all sections in the kitchen.
As a Sous Chef you will have a proven background and experience in event catering and will be required to:
- To assist the Head chef in controlling the annual budget and achieve agreed Department financial targets.
- Ensure workload is appropriately and fairly delegated and that tasks are performed to the standard required
- Ensure staffs accountable to their position fully understand their job purpose and duties.
- Assist the Head chef in reviewing and updating the Standard Operating Manual relating to Food Operations and Kitchen Standards.
- Ensure all relevant information relating to the operation, business and personnel is communicated to the head chef, Event managers and general managers
- Take all relevant steps to minimalize risks by ensuring that any real or potential risks are, assessed, acted upon or reported to the appropriate persons immediately.
- Attend all food tastings liaising with the general manager, sales team and clients
- Undertake any reasonable duties as dictated by Managing Director/ Food director that are within skills and capabilities.
- Supervise and work with other kitchen team members in the preparation, production and presentation of food to ensure agreed standards are achieved.
- Ensuring a pass mark on all internal health and safety audits carried out by crown group directors.
- Possess excellent organisation leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Sous Chef
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of motivating, managing and disciplining staff
- Experience of costing, planning and working within set budgets
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- O level/ GCSE C + or equivalent in Maths and English
- NVQ Level 3 Food Preparation/ City and Guilds Catering Qualification
- Experience with Indian Cuisine
- Experience of Banqueting for up to 2000 people
- One year experience of large scale public food production
Closing date for applications: 08th September 2017
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.