General Manager - Cafe Royal, Edinburgh
General Manager - Cafe Royal, Edinburgh
Fantastic Opportunity to Manage one of GreeneKing's, Top Venues
Opened on the 8th July 1863 the Café Royal opened in this stylish Parisian building, which was designed by local architect Robert Paterson. The elegant stained glass and fine Victorian plasterwork dominate the building. On 27th February 1970, the whole building and its interior were listed , thus preserving it for future generations, Café Royal has become famous for serving our delicious freshest seafood in fine surroundings. We pride ourselves , our attention to detail and on being Edinburgh Circle bar with fantastic drinks and the freshest Scottish Fayre. Our attention to detail sets us apart from the rest - in all we do, from preparing our food to choosing our people, we are passionate about doing everything to the best possible standard. That passion is demonstrated by our team, who love Café Royal like it’s their own.
- AWT £45k
- 55/45 Wet/Dry
As General Manager, you will have responsibility for all aspects of the successful management of the business. We are looking for enthusiastic, energetic, hands-on Manager with previous experience and proven success in a restaurant environment. We need managers who are constantly looking out for ways to develop the business further, whilst not compromising on quality or standards.
You will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and will be able to demonstrate this through excellent Mystery Guest and Net Promoter scores within your current business.
With strong communication skills and leadership skills, you be able to lead and motivate a fantastic team. As someone who is passionate about people, you will have the ability and commitment to grow future talent and develop key team members to Management level. You’ll be able to offer your team some fantastic benefits and apprenticeships to help towards their career progression and to help you retain great people.
This is not a first time appointment.
Mr Greene and Mr King never settled for second best and neither should you! Come and join the largest pub company in the kingdom and create unforgettable memories with your team.
King of your local, champion of your community it is your aspiration to be a role model General Manager who puts the team and customer at the heart of everything you do.
In search of greatness? Want to be in control of your own destiny? Join our team; we assure you this will be time well spent.
Leading from the front you will be the face of your business, with the Greene King family are here to support you every step of the way.
It's all about you
- From previous management experience in retail, hospitality or leisure you will have acquired outstanding commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Thrive on taking accountability for the growth of the business being able to drive and deliver great results in line with the business strategy
- Career progression and training excites and motivates you to be the best leader you can be
- Optimum satisfaction comes from leading, enabling and nurturing the team to support them to grow, develop and achieve their goals
- Being charismatic you have a natural flare to build meaningful relationships with stake holders, fellow colleagues and your local community.
- A dynamic and evolving customer orientated environment that inspires and encourages social interaction is where you work best
- Passion to deliver exceptional service and great food in a place where people can connect and share good times.
Because it’s so important to your success, we’ll make sure that your induction is time well spent. As you divide your time between our residential inductions and your training house of excellence, we’ll ensure that you have all of the knowledge and skills needed to be able to bring your own winning ways to your new business
We Value You
- Competitive Salary and Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Share-Save Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- 33% Greene King Discount Card (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- High-Street Retail Vouchers and Shopping Discounts – saving you money
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses