Brand Manager - Wine
Brand Manager – Wine
My client is one of the UK’s leading and highly respected wine distributers, who supply on and off trade and they are looking for a creatively minded Brand Manager to join their marketing team.
The role of Brand Manager offers a real chance to utilise your creative marketing flair and provides an excellent opportunity to personally grow and develop as there will be several challenges within the first 12 months; these will include successful integration into the team and business, as well as the need to develop detailed brand knowledge.
As Brand Manager, you are responsible for the strategic direction and day to day running of a portfolio of wine brands, as well as overall category responsibility. This position must also drive profitable sales.
This role will provide you with an excellent opportunity to personally grow and develop, ensuring exposure and a real opportunity to achieve success and recognition in the wine industry. You must be in a similar Brand Manager or Assistant Brand Manager role looking for your next step.
- Providing the brands with direction and focus; growing their profitability by cultivating winning strategies that develop agency sales volume.
- Look after a small portfolio of boutique brands
- Manage all A&P & volume budgets, with full strategic responsibility for the brands.
- Foster strong relationships with the brand owners to drive the strategic direction of their brands, assuming responsibility for performance.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop full marketing plans, whilst liaising day to day with the brand owners.
- You will be positive and proactive, working within a result driven team and display an entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude.
- Engaging journalists and bloggers; talking to the writers who influence both the wine trade and consumers through style press etc. to further raise the profile and awareness of the Brand Owners.
- Practical knowledge of using and interpreting Market data [e.g. AC Nielsen data and TGI]
- computer literate, using Word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial & a highly creative mindset
- confident; outgoing and personable with the ability to plan and manage tastings plus other ‘after hours’ events.
- Experience working for a distributor, preferably with both on and off-trade experience.
- A minimum of 3 years marketing or Brand management experience, within the wine industry is highly desirable for this position.
- Formal education qualifications are less important than a proven track record however education to degree level desirable.
If you have experience in a similar role, please send your CV
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for Hospitality, Catering, Leisure, Retail, FM, Property and Construction sectors. We currently have over 1350 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia.