Kudos Catering (UK) Limited
City of London
£38,000pa + Bonus
Kudos Catering (UK) Limited are one of London’s most creative caterers and event services for events, weddings, contract catering at venues and daily office deliveries. The company has been around for over 40 years and is also part of a larger Partnership, one of the leading event and catering companies in the industry.
Kudos are currently recruiting an experienced Head Chef to coordinate and direct the day-to-day operations of all kitchen operations including banqueting and conference catering for our stunning Gibson Hall venue in the City.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in staff selection, inductions, appraisals and training
- Ensuring workload is appropriately and fairly delegated, and that tasks are performed to the required standard
- The directing, supervising, motivating and discipline of all staff accountable to the position
- Liaising with suppliers to source specially requested food items
- Ensuring the stocktake of kitchen equipment takes place annually, and any requirements for additional equipment and repair of existing equipment is reported to the General Manager
- Ensuring all food products are labelled with appropriate destination/service area and ready for distribution at the time requested
- Ensuring all food and kitchen equipment is correctly stored, packaged and temperature recorded before distribution, and on arrival at its destination
- Liaising with the General Manager to plan and price menus appropriately
- Attending client, management and staff meetings
- Ensuring high standards of quality control, handling and storage of commodities are met in line with current legislation
- Ensuring all delivery notes and invoices are recorded and processed according to Crown Partnership policies
- Undertaking any reasonable duties as dictated by Managing Director that are within skills and capabilities.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Head Chef
- A Basic and Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Excellent organisation, leadership and communication skills
- The ability to manage a varied workload
- Approachable and flexible
- Good team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for Food and cooking
Are you looking for a challenging role in an award-winning catering industry? If this sounds like you, apply today!
We offer a competitive salary and career progression within an award winning catering company.
Closing date for applications: 7th October 2017.
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications, therefore only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply for Head Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly