Assistant Manager- Venture, Wigan, Lancs, Flaming Grill
Mr Greene and Mr King never settled for second best and neither should you! Come and join Flaming Grill a dynamic company within a brand, who will drive the development and investment in the future of Green King the largest pub company in the kingdom.
Eager to seize the day and make flaming great memories;
Is it your aspiration to lead and inspire a great team to delight and excite your customers with the best hospitality in the market, putting them at the heart of everything you do!
Ignite your career and be in control of your own destiny. In unity with your general manager you will be the face of your business, with the Greene King family there to support you every step of the way.
“Ready to fire it up?” “Yes!” Then join our team; we assure you this will be time well spent.Want to know more ?
The Venture Started life as a traditional village styled pub, situated in a traditional sport area of Highfeild between a Bowling Green and a Local Cricket Club.
Being closely situated to St Matthews Church gives the location the ideal opportunity to be the Hub of the community for families and friends prior and after many happy celebrations. 5yrs ago back in 2010 the site was chosen due to its prime location and great regular custom to join the new flagship branding, The Flaming Pub Co. From then to now the kitchen and restaurant is spoken of region wide for its Great Flaming hot food and warm friendly service. Now the hub of the community has grown it reach to touch people far and wide.
There is a core of staff that have been employed there for a great length of service some stretching to decades. They are always happy to have a moment with customers and share any local knowledge and tales that the moment may require..
Summer is when the Venture Flaming Grill really comes into its own when its large decking and grass areas become the “go to” place in the area as it gets the sun for the duration of the day and into the warming evenings when the heated parasols give the perfect environment to finish off a lovely day.
For those looking to Drink they have retained the “Real Pub” Feel with a great varied bar stock and a wealth of local ales. You can find live artists and quiz nights being held with all information is readily available on the Facebook page or throughout the signboards and notices.
Live OutIt's all about you ...
- Satisfaction comes from inspiring, motivating and listening to the team to support them to grow, develop and achieve their goals
- Confident, fun, energetic and friendly you will have a natural flare to build meaningful relationships between the front of house and back of house teams.
- Passion to deliver exceptional service and great food in a place where people can connect and share good times.
- From previous management or supervisorial experience in retail, hospitality or leisure you will have acquired outstanding commercial awareness.
- Thrive on taking responsibility for the growth of the business being able to drive and deliver great results alongside your General Manager
- Career progression and training excites and motivates you to be the best Assistant Manager with ambition to be a General Manger within the next 2 years.
Because it’s so important to your success, we’ll make sure that your induction is time well spent. As you divide your time between our residential inductions and your training house of excellence, we will ensure that you have all of the knowledge and skills needed to be able to bring your own winning ways to your new business
We value you ...
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- 33% Greene King Discount Card (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses