Sales Account Manager
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Family owned, regional brewer, with a large brand portfolio, seeks exceptional and enthusiastic field based sales person. Recent and current expansion at our brewing sites will result in a doubling of capacity and ambitious sale targets.
Responsible for developing sales of Ossett Brewing Company beer brands to a wide variety of licensed retailers, primarily via face to face callage. To present and sell the company cask, keg and packaged beer brands to both current and potential clients.
SALES PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow your own account base within the Independent Free Trade, Regional Brewer’s, Multiple Retailers and Wholesale routes to market to achieve sales targets.
- Research, plan and organize territory, identifying opportunities and ensuring most efficient use of time, resources and responsiveness to customer needs.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers to maximize sales whilst identifying and evaluating large incremental business opportunities.
- To listen to customer requirements and present appropriate proposals to make sales.
- Help develop and Implement company sales and marketing plans within the account base which will include arranging and hosting events and conducting staff training.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Input orders, maintain customer contact records and complete sales reports.
- To plan your own diary/calls based on current business priorities whilst minimising travel time/mileage. To update the Brewman database/the office with all necessary information asap.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Must have a passion for beer and a good understanding of beer styles
- Good educational background with competent reading, writing, IT and arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials and presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. With an ability to communicate at all levels from consumer to senior management.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to adapt quickly and prioritise a busy workload.
- Confident, self motivated and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ideally an understanding of retail groups and managed, leased and independent pub operations along with a practical knowledge of cask ales. Previous brewery or wholesale experience in Yorkshire would be hugely advantageous.
- The role’s visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid driving licence and reliable car.
- The role requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet customer and business requirements.
- 40 hours per week or as required to successfully fulfill your duties.
- Work requires significant local travel and may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
- Reporting to the Sales Director.
- Competitive salary + uncapped discretionary Bonus Scheme based on individual and team volume targets.
- 28 days holiday, inclusive of statutory bank holidays.
- Comprehensive training and induction plan.
- Ability to make a real difference in a small business.