Family owned, regional brewer, with a large brand portfolio, seeks exceptional and enthusiastic field based sales person. Recent and current expansion at our brewing sites will result in a doubling of capacity and ambitious sale targets.
Responsible for developing sales of Ossett Brewing Company beer brands to a wide variety of licensed retailers, primarily via telesales and emails. To present and sell the company cask, keg and packaged beer brands to both current and potential clients.
• OFFICE BASED - To work both within a busy office environment on both outbound and inbound calls, contacting your own regular account base and some tactical project calls.
• CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT - Maintain and develop long term relationships with existing customers to maximize sales.
• Grow your own account base and order volumes/frequency within the Independent Free Trade and Multiple Retailers
• Maximise volumes via Wholesale routes to market and in Take-Home.
• Help develop and Implement company sales and marketing plans within the account base.
• ADMINISTRATION - Identify and resolve client concerns.
• Input orders, maintain customer contact records and complete sales reports.
• NEW BUSINESS - Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
• To sell the company’s portfolio of beers as directed by the Telesales Manager and meet sales targets. This will involve arranging and helping host occasional events at the brewery, trade-shows or customer premises.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Must have a passion for beer and ideally a good understanding of beer styles and the licensed retail trade.
• Good educational background with competent reading, writing, IT and arithmetic skills required.
• Must be able to demonstrate meticulous accuracy to get things right the first time.
• Ability to persuade and influence others. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials and presentations.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills. With an ability to communicate at all levels from consumer to senior management.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to adapt quickly and prioritise a busy workload.
• Confident, self motivated and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ideally an understanding of retail groups and managed, leased and independent free trade pub operations along with a practical knowledge of cask ales.
• Some flexibility in working hours to meet customer and business requirements would be advantageous.
• Monday to Friday 9am-5pm plus occasional out of hours events.
• Reporting to the Telesales Manager (& Sales Director).
• Competitive salary + uncapped discretionary Bonus Scheme based on individual and team volume targets.
• 28 days holiday, inclusive of statutory bank holidays.
• Comprehensive training and induction plan.
• Ability to make a real difference in a small business.