Club Steward Job Description
The Tyneside Social Club is a busy social club in the seaside town of Sheringham on the beautiful North Norfolk coast. With approx 1000 members the club has a long history, is community focused and has thriving sections playing darts, pool and snooker as well as a healthy social section with regular entertainment.
The club facilities: Open seven days a week, incorporate two large bars; restaurant, busy function room, snooker room and car park with disabled access.
We are looking for a full time experienced and dedicated Steward/Manager who will have overall responsibility for the management of the club. This is a “hands on” role and you will be expected to take control and accountability for the clubs bar areas and staff under the direction of the Club Officers and Trustees.
The ideal Steward will be flexible in performing a variety of tasks required to run a busy club. You will be courteous, with great people management skills and a positive but friendly demeanour. You should always be aiming to exceed hospitality standards with both service and the quality of drink as well as clubhouse cleanliness and hygiene. The successful candidates will need to have a genuine passion for hospitality, whilst having the ability to maximise every opportunity to increase sales and profitability.
You would report to the Club Officers (Secretary and Treasurer) who are guided by a Management Committee of volunteers, so previous experience of this would be advantageous. This is a live-in position, with accommodation provided, however the post-holder will be liable for Council Tax and Utility charges.
Salary is circa £22,000 per annum – plus a self contained three bedroom flat. A Bond will be required before commencement of duties and a DBS check will be required.
- Day to day operation of the club, ensuring excellence in customer service with focus on opportunities for growth.
- Run and take part in promotional campaigns and events to drive sales, using local initiatives and innovative ideas utilising local and social media.
- Stock control and ordering, as well as budgeting and maintaining turnover.
- To serve customers as a member of the bar staff.
- Management of bar and cleaning staff, including recruitment training and rotas.
- To ensure all staff are fully trained and proficient in their duties, taking full account of employment, environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Manage function room bookings and catering, and coordinate all private functions.
- Attend monthly Finance and Bar committee meetings to present updates on operations /progress, ideas and solutions.
- Manage general maintenance of the club facilities.
- Minimum two years prior experience in running a licensed premises and catering operation.
- Proven track record of increasing sales within the licensed trade.
- Excellent customer service credentials.
- Good communications, IT and numerical skills
- Innovative, with ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience in managing and training staff.
- Experience in handling the finances of a business.
- Experience in stock and cellar management
- References will be required.
Applications by email or letter, enclosing cv and referees to ...
The Tyneside Club,
95 Station Road