Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Double Dutch is a fast growing brand of innovative and premium mixers, founded by Dutch twins Joyce & Raissa in early 2015. As a result of Double Dutch’s impressive growth, the company is looking to further grow by expanding its team.
In this position, Double Dutch is looking for a Business Development Manager to look after current customers in the on-trade (bars / restaurants/ hotels). All candidates will have the opportunity to grow with the company, fulfil a senior position and to manage new future employees.
This role will be responsible for building new distribution, driving existing sales and increasing brand awareness in the on-trade. The candidate will have the ability to operate strategically as well as operating in a real time environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Nurturing relationships with existing accounts, activating the brand, undertaking staff training,masterclasses, incentives, events and promotions. This will require close coordination with the marketing team and consistent venue visits.
• Responsibility for managing the operational relationship with key wholesale contacts. Developing plans at both head office & regional level in line with customer / sector strategy
• Have an ongoing robust contact strategy plan across National and Regional Wholesale for all key contacts
• Tactically support the commercial objectives of the On trade and Route to Market sector
• Lead the sales, development and brand positioning of Double Dutch within wholesaler & current accounts
• Making sure the brand is maximised within the current accounts and marketing guidelines are adhered to.
• Driving distribution for the full Double Dutch range with a focus on becoming pouring mixer
• Ensuring the relevant listing status and menu presence in its accounts - including responsibility for financial and non-financial support
• Gaining additional distribution among wholesalers, independent retailers, speciality outlets and hospitality outlets
• Implementing staff incentives and monitoring/analysing results
• Build promotional plans with wholesalers to ensure Double Dutch has the strongest promotional participation across categories & outperforms the competition across all key commercial metrics
Management & Reporting:
• Overall responsibility for managing & developing the wholesaler business
• Managing one direct report and being responsible for their continued development, training and professional coaching
• Management of budgets and commercial targets
• Weekly reporting to cofounders Joyce & Raissa on actions and key achievements
• Act as a Brand Ambassador for Double Dutch, externally representing and building our brand
• Supporting the marketing people with events and activations
• Strategise on activation to increase awareness on and off trade
• Undertaking such other duties commensurate with the responsibilities of the role and any other reasonable management request
• Recommending promotional strategies to maximise sales while protecting margins.
• Networking with other brands in order to increase brand´s visibility and awareness and forge new partnerships.
• Interacting on social media with key accounts and influencers.
Desired Candidate Attributes and Experience:
• On-trade experience
• Cocktail making / bartending experience (not obligatory)
• Strong knowledge of the HoReCa life with existing industry contacts
• Self-starting, being able to roll up the sleeves and operate in a fast-paced environment
• Good communicator
• Ability to build strong relationships
• Commercial expertise
• Entrepreneurial flair
• Analytical and numerate
• Organisational Ability
• Strong Time Management skills
• Computer literate
• Passionated and motivated to communicate Double Dutch’ brand in a creative and enthusiastic way