Sous Chef - Salisbury Arms
Think light crispy artisan pizza [asparagus and egg?!], warming one-pot comfort food [bubbling mac n cheese anyone?!] and pints of beer crafted at a local Brewery. Every pizza and pot will be individually made from scratch and served to your table as soon as they are ready to be munched. No heat lamps just perfectly hot. These tasty treats maybe a little gnarled or blistered but that’s what you get when you go artisan. I think you’d be exactly the same if you were cooked at 290°!
The Salisbury Arms – recently voted one of the top 3 pubs in Cambridge last year – Pizza, Pots & Pints concept is providing great opportunities for development to staff which includes comprehensive training and great career prospects.
We are currently seeking an experienced Sous Chef duties will include;
- Responsible for all food production ensuring that food is prepared to an exemplary standard
- Overall accountability for hygiene and health and safety within the kitchen.
- Direct the food safety system – ensuring all team members are fully trained and aware of how food is stored, rotated and disposed of and monitoring their adherence.
- To ensure that food and labour costs are effectively managed in order to achieve a strong food margin and labour within budget.
- Responsible for the training, coaching and development of the kitchen team to ensure the delivery of excellent food quality and guest satisfaction.
- To train and coach the front of house team to ensure that they have a good knowledge of all menu items to so that our guest service is of the highest standards.
- Complete daily and weekly stock checks and be responsible for ad hoc external food audits
- Ensure that all invoices are processed daily and accounted for.
- Input to menu development as required
You will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service and great team work in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
- Passionate about hygiene and customer service, taking pride in your work and ensuring it is always completed to the highest standard
- Leadership qualities including motivating the team through praise and recognition
- Be a role model and set a vision to inspire the kitchen team
We offer a comprehensive training and induction program along with a competitive salary, 33 days annual leave, realistic working hours and great career prospects in return.
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter.