Assistant General Manager - Metropolitan, Manchester
Do want to be part of an amazing Management Team and work in the best known iconic place in West Didsbury? If you do then this is your lucky day!
The Metropolitan are looking for an Assistant Manager to join our committed team to support and develop the business and our fabulous team. We need someone who is a natural front of house trainer and instinctively delivers exceptional customer service.
If you have management experience in a restaurant serving fresh local produced food, love managing a large team, are passionate about hospitality, want to deliver fab service every day at work, have an outgoing personality and want to become part of West Didsbury history then this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
So if who want to work for one of the Caterer’s Top 50 employers in the UK as voted for by our employees, winner of Northern Gastro Pub of the Year at the National Food Awards and Best Dining Pub South Manchester at the Eat, Sleep & Drink Awards and this sounds like the next step in your career then what are you waiting for, we will be holding interviews on the 9th May between 1pm & 5pm...... apply today!
So, who are we?
We are an eclectic collection of pubs, bound together by our pillars and values. Our vision is to create an unbeatable sense of belonging in our individual pubs.
- We stretch: We stretch and strive to make things better by questioning what we do and the way we think.
- We do good: We do the right thing, not always the easy thing. We care about doing good for other people and the world we live in.
- We make it fun: We create a positive environment, celebrate our successes and seek ways to have fun with our teams and guests
- We give the freedom to succeed: We make our best decisions close to our guests. We give each other the confidence, trust and support to succeed or fail and get stuff done.
Are you up for the challenge? We’d love to talk to you if:
- You know how to supervise within a predominantly drinks-led business
- You have some food experience
- You have great people management skills
- You have fantastic sales skills and love the challenge of exceeding KPI’s
- You have good understanding of P&L management within a similar environment
- You are innovative and commercially aware
- You are excellent at managing your time and can tell us how you have done this.
- You are an effective communicator on all levels; to customers and colleagues alike
What’s in it for you?
Aside from working with a brilliant company of people, we can also throw in some great benefits!
- Competitive salary
- Discount on meals at Bermondsey Pubs
- Pension scheme
- 28 days holiday