Club Steward/ Stewardess
A well-established family club with approximately 650 members, multiple darts leagues, card clubs and snooker hall. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Club Steward or couple who will have overall responsibility of running this busy club and bar and optimising its potential. The previous management held the role for more than 15 years which is a testament to the success and friendliness of this establishment.
The ideal candidate(s) will have:
- A proven track record and background in a club/hospitality environment
- High levels of self-motivation, professionalism and enthusiasm.
- A lively, outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
- Excellent stewardship/bar management and catering skills
- The ability to effectively manage, train and motivate a small team.
- An understanding of financial control
- The ability to function as a team player who can integrate with members and staff including the positive and flexible approach required to meet the members needs and a commitment to help the club grow and succeed.
- Cellar management and stock control.
- Leading, training and supervising bar staff to ensure they meet and maintain the required standards of service, health, safety and hygiene.
- Producing weekly staff salary returns.
- Producing staff rotas and ensuring that the correct number of bar staff are available at all times to meet the expected demands.
- Ensure that the Club premises are kept safe, clean and in a presentable condition for all visitors to the club.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure best value for money is achieved when purchasing stock.
- To run the bar in the most efficient way possible to maximise revenue and profit.
We offer a newly redecorated flat to live on site and includes all utility bills. The village and nearby towns offer an excellent selection of local amenities. It is also served by local buses and a direct train line to Windsor, Guildford, Reading and London within 1 hour.