Self Employed Manager / Management Couple - The Junction, Huddersfield
The Junction is a great community pub located in Huddersfield. It received a full refurbishment around two years ago and is decorated to a high standard. The pub benefits from a games area which includes a pool table and darts throw, along with an enclosed courtyard with picnic benches and barbeque section.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal operator for this site should be willing to immerse themselves into the local community and establish the pub as the place to be. The new operator should also look to create and promote an effective activity schedule such as weekly quizzes, entertainment and indoor sports etc.
About the agreement:
Our foundation partner’s income is based on a percentage of the weekly sales - in this case 30%. Under a foundation agreement though, you have the flexibility to introduce your own food offer, and retain 100% of all food sales.
- Self-employed opportunity
- Five year, rent free agreement
- Take home 30% of total net weekly turnover on wet sales and retain 100% of all food sales of your own food offer
- Retain 50% profit of gaming machine income
- Fully tied to Marston’s for all beers, wines, spirits and minerals however, all wet stock is supplied and paid for by Marston's
- Marston’s also pay for heating and lighting
- Induction training together with an extensive and on-going training and support package is provided with a dedicated business development manager to help you develop your business.
Foundation partners are responsible for:
- Employing all staff, and you are responsible for staff costs and employments matters
- Business Rates
- Council Tax on private residential accommodation and all insurance costs (excluding building insurance)
- £5,000 security deposit + £360 legal fees apply (including VAT)
- Obtaining proof of independent professional advice from a qualified accountant and a qualified solicitor at their own cost before entering into a full partnership agreement
- Obtaining a Personal License
- An annual service charge, internal repairs and decoration and a decorating fund
- Completing Pre-Entry Awareness Training
- The financials
Did you know?
Marston’s has a wide range of opportunities for a wide range of people, but one thing’s for sure, our passion for pubs is at the heart of all we do. We’ve got 183 years of experience in brewing beer and running a range of successful pubs throughout the UK, so you could say we’ve got a pretty good track record