Executive Development Chef
- We have a fantastic opportunity for a Bermondsey Executive Development Chef to join the team. Their main responsibility will be to manage and drive the product and menu development needs for all new and existing offers for Bermondsey our managed business.
- This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to develop your catering career. In this role, you will assist the Head of Food to efficiently manage and deliver of the Ei Group food strategy and be involved in various operational development and projects. You need previous experience in this role and must have both passion and knowledge for food and hospitality industry.
- What you will get from the role: The hospitality industry is varied and is a fast-paced and exciting environment to work in. With this role you will be part of a team that is driving innovative across our business and create new menus and hospitality solutions that will be in our pubs tomorrow.
- Development and continuous improvement of menus across the existing managed business and to optimise customer experience, sales & profitability growth
- Review and refinement of all aspects of the current menu concepts to identify and deliver improvements to achieve the right balance of improving customer appeal, increasing gross margins & reducing wastage, and facilitating labour challenges and skills gaps.
- The launch and rollout of new concepts and offers for the core leased and tenancy estate that delivers sustained improvements in sales and profitability and high returns for both the publican and the associated capex spend from Ei Group PLC
- To develop and implement a food training plan in line with our evolving “Food Academy” and University of Central Birmingham, for all kitchen teams within our estate, which starts with a kitchen induction program, area support development and capacity management
- Oversight and support of all kitchen investments including refurbishments, and kitchen templates.
- Planning, communication and execution of any regulatory changes
- Support the management of catering master data (ingredient costs and volumes) to enable accurate menu development and costing
- Support the business with menu launches, training, health & safety, capacity management and operational issues by providing direction and expertise to the operating area and promote business best practices in particularly with Bermondsey and the implementation of its food strategy.
- Department communication between menu development, technical, purchasing, supply chain, specification and brand teams
- One team focussed, who can demonstrate decision making for the benefit of the greater good.
- Applies well developed reasoning and commercial awareness when making decisions.
- Highly resilient and works with pace, focus and optimism to overcome obstacles and deliver against tight timelines using own initiative without specific instruction
- Collaborates effectively across all
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering development & innovations
- Good communication and engagement skills.
- Up to date with latest food trends, but pragmatic in developing propositions and menus
- Innovative and creative individual
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Good commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Be passionate about food
- Must be able to cook to high level
- Proven ability to work in a busy and challenging kitchen environment
- Fully competent in all MS Office packages:
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook:
- Accurate recording of all information
- Excel report compilation, manipulation, use of formulae, v lookup, pivot tables
Educational and professional experience
- Food and Beverage
Possess a sound level of industry knowledge
A Full UK / European Driving Licence BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Holiday – 25 days plus statutory holidays
- Death in Service
- Bonus Scheme
- Share Scheme(s)
- Private Medical and Dental Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Free Parking and onsite catering