Junior Sous Chef
ONE OVER THE AIT - KITCHEN
The One Over The Ait is a beautiful pub perched on the Thames with an extensive drink & fresh food offering. The perfect place to relax & unwind next to The Kew Bridge near Brentford. The business is mainly driven by the glorious outside area which locals take full advantage of during the hot spring & summer months. The Loft dining area upstairs is the perfect space for both weekend diners & large functions with a capacity of up to 80 guests. With a well equipped kitchen & brand new food concept often serving food to the large outside area and functions in The Loft, our team of 5 hard-working chefs deliver seasonal & fresh food often to 200+ covers at once. Being well prepared & able to communicate is crucial to driving the kitchen forward and delivering a successful service to our customers.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
Could you unlock the potential in our kitchen?
Join us as a Junior Sous Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity. You’ll be part of the kitchen management team reporting to the Head Chef, adding your experience and wisdom to the team mix.
Food is a serious business in Fuller’s pubs, so you’ll be working in an advanced kitchen to create fabulous, fresh dishes – using the best of seasonal, local ingredients.
- Work for a company that shares your passion for food
- Develop your skills towards a Head Chef role
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% off in all Fuller's pubs!
- Take advantage of our fantastic Chef Scholarships and gain a recognised qualification in the process.
As Junior Sous Chef & part of the kitchen management team reporting to the Head Chef, you’ll assist the Sous Chef to take full control of the kitchen when they’re away. It’s a great opportunity to make a real impact, and prove yourself ready to step up to the Head Chef role.
And you’ll be supported every step of the way by a team of talented Executive Chefs and Fuller’s training team to help you to develop your career.
You’ll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You’ll be able to bring the best out in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service.
A hygiene qualification, excellent food knowledge and food safety awareness are all be essential for being a Sous Chef with Fullers. But we’re interested in your personality and potential too – not just your previous experience.
- You must thrive under pressure
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You should be able to lead a team
- You’ll set yourself the highest standards
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.