Service Trainer - South
We have a brand new opportunity here at Bermondsey for a Service Trainer to join our team.
We are looking for a vibrant candidate with bags of energy and a real passion for great service.
If you have experience of delivering training in a service led business and want to take our teams on a journey to support them to deliver unforgettable experiences for our guests, get in touch now!
Ability to work flexible hours and a full driving licence is a must. In return, we offer salary up to £30,000 (depending on experience), company car, bonus and pension.
Location: Field Based
Status: Full time
To train, coach, motivate and engage team members to consistently deliver exceptional service, both in new openings and in our existing pubs. To ensure that team members fully understand the importance of the service cycle and have the ability and confidence to bring this to life. To create a positive and fun environment, which is focused on excellent service in order to maximise sales and profitability. To support the wider team with the development and delivery of training material for both the core training calendar and adhoc projects.
Day to Day
- Support Operations Managers and General Managers to train and coach team members to deliver exceptional service and ensure that they are able to meet the needs of each individual guest
- Take ownership of the Mystery Guest measure – identifying trends, sharing best practice, providing solutions for improvement where required
- Coach Pub teams to build their confidence in delivering effective face to face training
- Support great execution of team member induction and drive e-learning completion
- Embed service tools with our teams, highlighting and recommending improvements where required
- Deliver bespoke training solutions to address needs in individual pubs
- Support the delivery of central training sessions, including systems training
- Maintain Flow with up to date information and support driving this to be an integral tool for General Managers
- Spot talent and give feedback to Operations Managers and General Managers
- Role model the Vision and Values to create a positive, inclusive, high performing culture
Openings / Launches
- Lead the Front of House training and be the key training contact through opening week and beyond
- Deliver an engaging induction to ensure the team is set up for success
- Ensure all team members complete required operational e-learning and that this is tracked and recorded
- Coach team members to ensure confidence in product knowledge and delivering exceptional service
- Work closely with the Food Training Manager to ensure all team members have the skills and knowledge to execute delivery of the menu to agreed specifications
- Support the pub team post opening to embed delivery of a memorable guest experience
- Support the pub team post opening to ensure accuracy around cash and stock processes
- Provide constructive feedback on delivery of the guest journey and team engagement and performance during opening period
- General Manager
- Pub Team Members
- Head Office Colleagues
- Operations Manager
- Openings Team
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of training in a service led business
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to build strong relationships with GM’s and the wider support team
- Organisational and planning skills
- Ability to adapt and deliver in a fast paced environment
- Experience of leading, developing and coaching a team
- Confidence, energy and a determination to succeed
- Passion for delivering outstanding service
- Outgoing and self-motivated
- Ability to cover a large geographical area
Key Performance Indicators
- Mystery Guest results achieved
- Trained Team
- Team Turnover
- Demonstrating our Vision and Values in your approach
Who are we?
- Bermondsey Pub Company are an eclectic collection of pubs, bound together by a common vision to create a sense of belonging and individuality, ensuring an outstanding guest experience whatever the occasion. We create a positive environment, celebrate our successes and seek ways to have fun with our teams and guests.
- Our pubs are only as good as the teams we create to run them, so we’re always looking for vibrant and passionate professionals with the drive to succeed and deliver our core values.