Due to retirement The Huddersfield Irish Centre are looking to appoint a Steward/Stewardess
The principal aim is to provide a high level of service and overall satisfaction to Members and guests. It would be an advantage if candidates have experience in working in the license trade, of stock management, control, finance and management of staff . Ideally the candidate should hold their own public bar license or be willing and able to obtain one. Candidates should have a can do attitude, a pleasant, approachable demeanour, excellent people skills and be trustworthy and reliable. All candidates should have a can do attitude and be pro-active in generating new business, income and manage function bookings.
- Be responsible for all aspects of cellar management( Line cleaning, Stock management, ordering, deliveries etc.)
- Maintain cleanliness of bars, kitchens and glassware etc.
- Ensure accurate bar accountancy procedures are practised.
- Cashing up and float management
- Open/Close premises and maintain security.
- Manage and train bar staff and rotas.
- Serve members and guest in a friendly and pleasant manner.
- Manage the catering function.
- Assess and continually monitor the Health and Safety aspects, maintenance requirements and cleanliness of the Centre
- Work with the committee to develop and implement change to promote the centre and allow the business to grow.
- Be able to accept advice from the Committee on members feedback, functions and entertainment.
While every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task may not be identified. The Steward/Stewardess will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the committee to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified above. The Steward/Stewardess must be willing to undertake training relevant to the role that may be required.