Head Chef - Traditional Village Pub - Somerset - £30k
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
Traditional Village Pub - Somerset
My Client is looking for an experienced and ambitious Head Chef / Kitchen Manager with drive, energy, and a background of working within a busy pub kitchen.
As Head Chef / Kitchen Manager in this talented team you will be the heart and soul of your kitchen and a driving force within the business, leading a team to deliver great food and an unrivalled guest experience.
You will need to be hands on and want to continue to develop your skills within the kitchen whilst helping to lead, coach & inspire junior chefs to continue to develop using the finest quality local produce.
Your role will involve working in a busy, traditional fresh food pub looking to take the food level up but keep to the British classics. You will have an enthusiastic team and new GM. The Pub is currently taking £8-£15k a week on food.
As Head Chef / Kitchen Manager, you will be given an opportunity to have an input in construction and costing of menus to deliver and achieve agreed GPs
This is a full time, permanent, year-round role.
Diverse and distinctive collection of pubs and inns, with everything from bustling high-street pubs, cosy country inns and beautiful boutique hotels across the south and west of England with exciting expansion plans over the next few years.
- Currently a Head Chef within a similar busy gastro pub environment
- Minimise wastage and encourage creative thinking
- Adhere to all company and government food safety legislation
- Ensure good kitchen planning to enable a trouble-free service and customer satisfaction
- Help to promote and maintain a good working environment, leading by example and develop the team around you
- Have the ability to work under pressure and a passion for constructing innovative and exciting menus
- Be a problem solver, ready to come up with on the spot solutions
- Hands on, passionate, Energetic Self-motivated individual
- Proven track record in delivering high quality dishes in a time pressured environment
- Manage ordering and controlling of stock
- Passionate about food, standards & results
The Package / Benefits / Opportunities:
- Up to £30k DOE + Bonus
- Free onsite parking
- Great staff discount
- 28 days holidays
- Fantastic career development
- Uniforms provided
- Free meals on duty
James Webber Recruitment prides itself on providing the highest quality of hotel / restaurant staff and due to the high volume of applicants, please note that we will only be in contact with you if your application is successful. ONLY CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK MAY APPLY.