Sous Chef - Traditional Gastro Pub - Dorset - £24k+ tips
Traditional Gastro Pub
My Client is looking for an experienced and ambitious Sous Chef with drive, energy, and a background of working within a busy gastro pub kitchen.
As Sous Chef in this talented team you will be working along with the Head Chef. and will need to be hands on and want to continue to develop your skills within the kitchen whilst helping to lead, coach & inspire junior chefs to continue to develop using the finest quality local produce.
As Sous Chef you will work together with Head Chef on a fresh, seasonal menu.
You will be part of a great Group that looks after their teams.
This is a full time, permanent role.
Stunning Traditional pub in a picturesque Dorset Village
Diverse and distinctive collection of pubs and inns, with everything from bustling high-street pubs, cosy country inns and beautiful boutique hotels across the south and west of England with exciting expansion plans over the next few years offering great career opportunities.
All the pubs are set in stunning locations and serve season classic British dishes.
The existing pub is set in a stunning coastal village and has a great reputation in the local community. The pub has just undergone major refurbishment.
- Currently a Sous Chef within a similar gastro pub environment showing stability in their career
- Has the ability to work under pressure and a passion for constructing innovative and exciting dishes
- Be a problem solver, ready to come up with on the spot solutions
- Hands on, hard - working, passionate, Energetic Self-motivated individual
- Proven track record in delivering high quality dishes in a time pressured environment
- Passionate about food, standards & results
- Making sure that kitchen runs efficient and consistent in absence of Head Chef
- Clear progression in their career, no "jumping" between roles
- Hard working, passionate, consistent standards
- Someone who is looking to stay for longer period of time and to progress
The Package / Benefits / Opportunities:
- Salary £24k plus tips
- Live-in available depending on availability
- Great staff discount
- 28 days holidays
- Fantastic career development
- Uniforms provided
- Free meals to enjoy with the rest of the team whilst on duty
James Webber Recruitment prides itself on providing the highest quality of hotel / restaurant staff and due to the high volume of applicants, please note that we will only be in contact with you if your application is successful. ONLY CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK MAY APPLY.