Account Manager – The Morning Advertiser
Job Title: Account Manager – The Morning Advertiser
Reporting to: Commercial Director
The Morning Advertiser
The Morning Advertiser (MA) is a media brand aimed at the UK’s Pub and Bar sector.
Through the magazine, website, awards and high level networking events, the MA (established in 1794) has built a strong reputation not only for being first with news, but as a valuable business tool for pub and bar operators. It is a vital brand for advertisers, offering the both licensees and pub company head office buyers. The PA offers a portfolio of around 20 events, awards and business conferences aimed at showcasing success in the pub trade.
A client facing role whose function is to sell consultatively advertising and sponsorship on the Morning Advertiser, MA Supplements, MA events portfolio & www.morningadvertiser.co.uk to companies targeting the UK pub trade sector. Selling to a range of food and drinks and associated clients direct and leading advertising/PR agencies.
Tenacious, articulate, enthusiastic and driven personality who has the ability to work with existing and new clients, closing deals proactively. They must have a highly professional approach to researching opportunities to generate revenue, building strong relationships with clients.
- Key point of contact for allocated clients
- Development of new business previously not spoken to
- Canvass new prospects from rival media
- Ensure sales targets (personal & journal) and key task targets are achieved
- Manage allocated features/ supplements including all liaising & selling
- Work with clients to meet their targets in print, digital and events.
- Manage/resolve any account queries that are raised from your account base.
- Ensure all sales activity is entered correctly on the contact management system.
Internal working relationships
- Reporting to the Commercial Director
- Liaise with editorial, production, marketing & circulation teams to ensure smooth running of MA
- Client and agency facing at senior/decision-making level
- Key conduit between editorial and advertisers
- Accurate business reporting on relevant agency/client business
- Working with editorial and advertising/event production teams to devise key sponsorship and native opportunities and ideas, managed to strict budget controls
- Meet and exceed personal and team targets
- Establish and grow relationships with customers, which can translate into revenue
- Grow market share within agency and client patch
- To be an expert in your category, media platforms and competitor market place
- To provide exceptional client service at all levels
- To be seen by clients as an ambassador and spokesperson for creativity across your clients and agencies
- To be positive, flexible, sales-driven and professional in all aspects of your role
- To ensure all creative concepts are approved and discussed with your production and editorial teams
- To be proficient in all systems that control bookings and reporting etc.
- Deliver against KPI’s
- An experienced client facing business development manager and account manager with previous B2B sales experience across digital and print media.
- Experience of event sales
- A tenacious and hungry sales professional with a keen interest in the drinks and pub sector.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Target driven
WHY WORK FOR US
William Reed has been providing market leading business information for over 150 years. From our origins in grocery, we have expanded across food and drink and into new sectors, including pharmaceuticals and cosmetics.
Fulfilling our role in the 21st century has meant harnessing digital channels to deliver insightful journalism and high-value data to businesses the world over. Guided by our Mission & Values, our Group’s activities now include category defining digital and print media, innovative business events and conferences, prestigious awards and informative conferences. We offer compelling research and powerful insights to our customers as well as providing recruitment and e-learning solutions within our core markets.
We have offices in Gatwick and London, UK; Montpellier, France; and Chicago, US.
We provide a supportive work environment and are committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance for all of our employees
Working for William Reed means that you will be joining a stable organisation that is committed to developing its employees and brands.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection Scheme