Chef De Partie
LOCK STOCK AND BARREL - KITCHEN
The Lock, Stock & Barrel is a traditional riverside pub in Newbury with a lively outdoor dining scene and a growing reputation for great fresh food. More than 100 covers are catered for outdoors, plus 45 more inside - and service is now expected to extend to the roof terrace from summer 2018. Significant investment was made in the kitchen just three years ago, so it’s a great time to join the six-strong team of talented kitchen staff…
Find out more about the pub at www.lockstockandbarrelnewbury.co.uk
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
Could you sharpen our focus on fresh food?
As Chef De Partie, you’ll be a key ingredient in the success of our busy kitchen, preparing and cooking delicious dishes with an emphasis on freshness.
We take food seriously at Fuller’s, so you’ll be working with fresh, seasonal, local ingredients – supporting other talented, experienced chefs to deliver a great experiences every time.
- Commitment to guaranteeing a minimum of 16 hours part time and 40 hours full time per week
- Enjoy the pace and camaraderie of the kitchen
- Develop your skills towards a head chef role
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs!
- Development programmes to fine tune your skills and advance your career
Life in the kitchen is hectic, but exciting. you’ll need strong food preparation skills and be confident in cooking the basics – and you’ll thrive under that constant time pressure. You will be supported by a team of experienced chefs to help you reach your full potential.
Most importantly, you’ll share our passion for fresh food. You’ll take great pride in helping to create tasty dishes, and you’ll relish the chance to learn about new ingredients, cooking techniques and putting your ideas into our dishes.
We will offer you training and support to gain your hygiene qualifications and build your knowledge of food but you’ll need people skills too. Chef De Partie is responsible for the junior roles in the kitchen - giving you a great chance to develop the leadership tendencies you need to advance your catering career.
- You must be an excellent team player, calm under pressure
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You’ll have a real love of food, and set yourself high standards
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.