GENERAL MANAGER – THE LION, WENDLEBURY, NR BICESTER
GENERAL MANAGER – THE LION, WENDLEBURY, NR BICESTER (OX25 2PW) -
Up to £44,000 per annum depending on experience incl TRONC. Bonus/profit share.
General Manager Up to £44,000 incl TRONC plus bonus and profit share
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team at The Lion, Wendlebury www.thelionwendlebury.co.uk (OX25 2PW) which is located just 1 mile from the M40 Junction 9 and only 2 miles from Bicester Village, you’ll find The Lion has bags of character and warmth, from the welcoming flagged bar to the relaxed dining rooms, beer garden and new letting rooms.
General Manager – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful General Manager you will,
- Be the face of the business, leading a team of guest focused individuals.
- Create a guest focused atmosphere where service comes first in a fun and professional environment for team and guests.
- Have a proven track record of growing sales and converting to profit.
- Promote and deliver special events and marketing activities to maximise footfall
- Be responsible for achieving your budgets and margins through accurate sales forecasting, controlling stock and daily costs and contributing ideas to further develop the business.
- Actively managing food service and menu feedback alongside the head chef
- Manage compliance in line with food safety and health & safety legislation and licensing laws.
- Have high energy levels as being a General Manager with Brakspear should not only be fun but hands on, varied and fast paced
- as no two days are ever the same.
To be considered for this role you will need to have completed Level 4 Hospitality Manager Apprenticeship which takes between 12 – 18 months to complete.
General Manager – Benefits
We offer the following:
- Salary of £40,000 depending on experience plus TRONC (£4K) plus bonus and profit share
- £10K bonus paid quarterly plus profit share
- Life Assurance with Private Medical
- Enhanced employer Pension contributions
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including external courses and apprenticeships
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recruitment Incentive
General Manager – Training
ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management