SOUS CHEF – THE TOWNHOUSE, STRATFORD UPON AVON
Up to £33,000 depending on experience incl TRONC
Sous chef – up to £33,000 depending on experience including TRONC
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for Sous Chef to join our team at the Townhouse www.stratfordtownhouse.co.uk , located in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon (CV37 6HB) with 12 en-suite bedrooms and an elegant bar and 60 cover restaurant. The Townhouse was fully refurbished in 2017.
Sous Chef – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to control costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Possess exceptional IT and computer skills to enable you to order and control food stock and manage team rotas.
You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
Sous Chef – Benefits
- Salary of up to £29,000 depending on experience plus TRONC (approx. £4,000)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Recruitment Incentive
Sous Chef – Training
Level 3 Senior Chef Apprenticeship in Production Cooking which takes 12-18 months to complete and Level 3 Hospitality Supervisor Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete