KITCHEN PORTER – DOG & DUCK, WOKINGHAM
Up to £8.83 per hour depending on experience incl TRONC.
Kitchen Porter – up to £8.83 depending on experience incl TRONC.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for experienced Kitchen Porter staff to join our team at The Dog & Duck, Wokingham www.dogandduckemmbrook.co.uk (RG41 1JT) which was fully refurbished last year. Based in the heart of Wokingham the pub has a large yet cosy bar and restaurant with up to 100 covers serving traditional pub food.
Kitchen Porter – Responsibility
In order to be a successful Kitchen Porter you will,
- Aid the chefs in prep for menu items.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible and in line with the cleaning schedule.
- Clean food prep areas & equipment in addition to crockery & cutlery.
- Collect & wash up pots & pans.
- Keep fridges and storerooms clean and organised.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean & sanitised.
- Support the chefs in safe storage of all deliveries.
- Reporting maintenance issues to management.You will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.We offer the following:
Kitchen Porter – Benefits
- Hourly rate of £7.83 depending on experience plus TRONC (£1.00 ph)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our 7 sites with rooms
- Workplace pension
- Full training and development, including apprenticeships
- Recruitment Incentive
- Employee Assistance Programme
Kitchen Porter – Training
Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship which takes 12 months to complete