JUNIOR SOUS CHEF – THE LION – NR BICESTER
Up to £24,000 depending on experience +TRONC (£1.50ph). LIVE IN AVAILABLE.
Junior Sous Chef – LIVE IN AVAILABLE
All successful applicants will receive a £250 retention bonus upon completion of a three month probation period.
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to join our team at The Lion, Wendlebury www.thelionwendlebury.co.uk (OX25 2PW) which is located just 1 mile from the M40 Junction 9 and only 2 miles from Bicester Village, you’ll find The Lion has bags of character and warmth, from the welcoming flagged bar to the relaxed dining rooms, beer garden and new letting rooms.
Sous Chef – Responsibilities
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
- Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
- Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
- Have good communication skills
- Be computer literate to a good standard.The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
Sous Chef – Benefits
- Salary of £24,000 depending on experience plus TRONC (£1.50ph)
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 11 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our seven sites with rooms
- Full training and development, including external courses.