Working with us
At Red Mist Leisure we want to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. We strive to be market leaders and achieving this is dependent on the quality of our products, services and our team. We recognise that customers have a choice where they spend their dining income, but by offering consistently great dining experiences, we will thereby retain and expand our customer base through the strength of our reputation and become first choice in our customer’s eyes.
We are looking for a General Manager to manage our team. The role will be expected to achieve exceptional operational standards, high levels of customer satisfaction and to meet or exceed the budgeted commercial expectations of the pub.
It is a position that requires a capable leader with significant and relevant food & beverage experience. The role requires someone who can motivate an extensive management, front of house and kitchen team, delivering excellent customer service and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation.
- Exceeding customers’ expectations to achieve exceptional customer satisfaction results in all areas of the operation.
- Retain, motivate and manage all staff providing the necessary training, development and guidance to maximise employee job satisfaction and team morale
- To lead from the front, setting the correct precedent for other managers and staff
- Engagement with the local community to develop trade, improve the reputation of the pub and to ensure the pub is an essential pillar in the community
- To have strong commercial awareness, understanding business trends within the pub industry
- To comply with all company human resources procedures and to ensure all staff are fully inducted to the company at the time of joining.
- To complete weekly payroll, takings and banking requirements in an accurate and timely manner, adhering to the clear company cash handling, storage and banking procedures.
- To manage and maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness around all areas
- Understanding and involvement in unit and company marketing activities
- To improve and maintain the highest possible standards of operation including, taking ownership of the running of the pub, using your initiative to make daily operational decisions, managing staff and implementing new procedures where necessary
- Communicating with customers regarding complaints in an assertive, pleasant and professional manner to ensure that the situation is resolved to the complete satisfaction of the customer
- Monitoring and improving our standards of the operation. Helping to standardise the way we serve, clear and expose all sales opportunities with our customers.
- To manage and maintain all company health and safety policies and procedures
- To understand the annual pub budget and who is responsible for controlling each cost line
- Recognise the importance of maximising sales and controlling costs.
- Managing labour costs through accurate and controlled scheduling of staff and by reacting to increased or decreased customer demand by adjusting staff numbers
- To work closely with the Head and Sous Chef to monitor and manage food wastage and gross profit margin by costing menus and pricing sensibly and fairly
- Supporting the Bar Manager in the management of liquor at the pub to ensure stock holding and rotation is efficient, wastage is minimised and the budgeted liquor gross profit margin is achieved
- Understanding, management and effective training of the company operating systems for electronic purchasing, payroll, bookings, table reservations, HR, recruitment, stock control and reporting
- To maximise the profits of the pub. Create and introduce new ideas to gain sales, reduce costs and improve our conversion from sales to profit
- To attend monthly financial reviews and present the pub accounts with understanding and knowledge and when necessary interact with the head office accounts team to resolve financial queries.
What we are looking for
- A strong leader who is personable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating an extensive front of house and kitchen team to deliver excellent customer service and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the operation
- To have a passion for food. We love food and so do our customers.
- Totally customer focused. We must always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- Sales driven
- Strong commercial knowledge and awareness
- To be highly organised and to be able to take accountability
- Immaculately presented with superb interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ambition and drive. We want our Managers to have flair, ambition and the will to succeed and overcome challenges
- Fun, confident and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service results.
- Attention to detail. Always keeping an eye out to make sure that all is in place.
- Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets, word processing and social media
Our support to you
- Support, training and development to improve your competency and skills in the role and to aid towards progression opportunities in the future
- Competitive salary
- £250 when you refer a friend or family member to any pub at Red Mist
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Free meals on duty
- Regular in-house staff competitions
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- Child Care vouchers
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, and cinemas
- Be part of our charity days and events
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- 4% Pension contribution
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly