Assistant General Manager
Assistant General Manager **NEW OPENING – 2019!**
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
OTE/Bonus Potential: £5,000
Location: Parsons Green, Fulham
Name of Site: Aragon House
Experience required: Current General Manager or minimum 2 years as AGM in a high volume site
**NEW OPENING – 2019!** Aragon House is calling for a vastly experienced Assistant General Manager that can take on this monumental operation!
Aragon House (our boldest venue to date) is an ambitious, multi-faceted property operating multiple bars, 2 kitchens, a restaurant area, two function rooms, 14 bedrooms, as well as a huge garden! In all there will be 450+ covers across the site! Sound like fun? Looking for a new challenge?
To help us achieve our exciting plans, we are looking for an experienced and proactive Assistant General Manager, who’s keen to make their mark and become part of something from the very beginning!
Opening in Spring 2019, we’re looking at recruiting the best Assistant General Manager on the market as soon as possible to help us develop the concept and build and train the best team. This will be a high-profile position, so we are looking for a high level of experience and passion. You will be given the chance to help define our overall offer, assisting in production of our wine, cocktail and food lists! Working with The City Pub Group at Aragon House will give you the opportunity to carry on learning and take your career to the next level.
Not only will you be noticed for opening our most ambitious ever site, we also offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more!
What’s on offer for our Assistant General Manager:
- Opportunity to make your mark and be part of something really exciting right from the beginning.
- Greater autonomy and responsibility than normal. Being such a diverse business, this is not a position for the fainthearted.
- An achievable Transparent Bonus Scheme.
- Performance related Share Options.
- A chance to make your mark in a collaborative and fun environment with an experienced General Manager.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 per employee from 2017.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme.
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
To beat the competition our next Assistant General Manager will:
- Have impeccable front of house skills and be a natural host!
- Demonstrate a proven track record of guiding and developing teams – coaching, mentoring and sharing enthusiasm.
- Be able to think on your feet and adapt to situations as they unfold – it’s going to be BUSY so you need to keep up!
- Work as part of a large team, as well as be a leader – you will need to on projects and assume responsibility in the General Manager’s absence. You will be working with different departments to achieve financial goals, effective communication skills are a must.
- Be adept at the day-to-day aspects of running a busy business, as well as back of house procedures such as health and safety, stock taking, financials and HR procedures.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Previous experience of working on a new opening from the start.
- Knowledge and working examples of current industry trends.
- A talent for spotting and resolving problems quickly and efficiently.
- An understanding of Gross Profit, yield targets, wage targets & budgeting would be an advantage.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.