Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie
Salary: Up to £9.50ph
Hours: 40-45 hour weeks
Name of Site: The Red Lion
Experience required: 1-2 years ideal, but not essential
The Red Lion is a beautifully traditional British pub that is tucked away on the outskirts of Cambridge, and proudly located in the ever-growing town of Histon. A beer house since 1836, The Red Lion continues to embrace its grain led origins, recently winning Cambridge CAMRA’s pub of the year.
Open daily for food, we’ve recently introduced a newly refurbished pizza shed, serving freshly cooked sour dough pizzas Friday-Sunday evening.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Commis Chef or Chef de Partie to come and join an experienced Head Chef and Sous Chef team. We currently have a strong team, and the successful candidate will fit in to our team serving seasonal specials using local produce.
Benefits for our next Chef de Partie:
- Working alongside a supportive and experienced Head Chef/Sous chef team who are passionate about training and developing his teams.
- Professional Chef Academy training opportunities.
- Share of tips.
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Meals and uniforms.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Benefits.
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week. Including occasional weekends off!
- Opportunities for promotions and pay rises within the company!
About our next Chef de Partie:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic Commis Chef or Chef de Partie who is ready for a new challenge.
- Have experience of working with fresh ingredients.
- Experience of working in a professional kitchen and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety.
- Basic stock control.
- Good communication skills.
- A team player who is always up for new challenges.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Chef de Partie applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.