Salary: £28,000 – 30,000 subject to experience
OTE/Bonus Potential: £3,000
Name of Site: Old Ticket Office
Experience required: 2 years’ experience in a Senior Chef role
The recently launched Old Ticket Office is a vibrant and bustling station tavern, positioned at Cambridge Central Station.
Whilst renowned for its 16 craft taps & 5 cask lines, celebrating the finest local & international beers, the food is top notch, whether a perfectly executed gourmet burger, delicious weekend brunch dish or a homemade bar top scotch egg! Speed and consistency of product is key here as well as ensuring your kitchen runs efficiently, keeping a close eye on costs and GPs.
For the right Head Chef this is a wonderful opportunity for you to make your mark and lead a young kitchen team forward. Being an open kitchen, you will be under the customers gaze at all times so organisation and excellent communication skills are of utmost importance!
Old Ticket Office is operated by The City Pub Group and we are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme.
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Ollie, Caroline and team