Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum plus bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: £3000
Location: Woodford Green, Essex
Name of Site: The Travellers Friend
Experience required: At least 2 years as a Senior Sous Chef or higher in a Fresh Food Operation
At The Travellers Friend, we currently have a wonderful opportunity for a creative and driven Head Chef to join our team in Woodford Green. Are you a budding Senior Sous Chef that is being held back and ready to make your mark?! Are you a Head Chef that is tired of following spec-sheets and brimming with exciting new ideas? If so, then you’re in luck as this role is for you!
The Travellers Friend has a newly refurbished kitchen and restaurant. It also features an 80-cover restaurant with a further 30 covers in the pub and a garden that seats 60 more!
We are the heart of the local community and we are affectionately known as the ‘Spivs.’ We’ve a long history and therefore need a passionate Head Chef that wants to create a wonderful place to work and visit. Our ideal Head Chef needs to be able to write daily specials alongside a seasonal, ever-changing fresh pub menu; train and develop their team to increase sales and work on building an exceptional reputation. Sound like you?! Keep reading for more…
Operated by The City Pub Group, we are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme
About our Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GP’s and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- Fresh homemade experience.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Neil McNamara- General Manager