Salary: Up to £33,500 per annum
OTE/Bonus Potential: £3,000
Location: Hayling Island
Name of Site: Inn on The Beach
Experience required: 2 years as a Head Chef in a busy, destination restaurant
Inn on the Beach is a special place. The location is pretty hard to beat and we are looking for an experienced Head Chef who is looking for a varied and challenging role. We have an ever-changing fresh food menu so we need someone that can create lovely menus, while catering for a seasonal venue and of course, including all the pub favourites.
Our restaurant of 140 covers inside and then a further 250 outside will mean you will be expected to work alongside the General Manager to develop, innovate and drive the business forward. You will be rewarded for your efforts and the development for the future is strong with a rapidly expanding business.
City Pub Group are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure £500 per quarter, and a further £500 for each audit delivering over 75% twice a year
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drinks
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Positive communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times
The following skills would also be advantageous [Add to/delete as applicable]:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.