Salary: Circa £35,000 subject to experience
OTE/Bonus Potential: £6,000
Name of Site: Old Bicycle Shop
Experience required: A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Head Chef role
In 2013, a much-loved Cambridge institution closed its doors after 173 years’ trading. Fast forward a century or two and you’ll now find this quaint old building has a new lease of life – as a restaurant & bar, with a quirky interior designed to celebrate the heritage of the original shop.
Open all day for brunch, lunch and dinner, The Old Bicycle Shop provides a unique setting for all sorts of occasions, from a quick coffee and brunch to a special dinner with friends. We take pride in serving fresh, locally-sourced food for all tastes, with a particular reputation for our vegetarian & vegan offerings, albeit there’s plenty on the menu for meat & fish lovers too!
The Old Bicycle Shop is our flagship food led pub/restaurant with quality produce and dishes at the heart of the business. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organised and skilled Head Chef to take command of the kitchen and drive it to even higher standards whilst keeping a keen eye on their kitchen management responsibilities.
You will be offered creative control of menu development and have full control of your kitchen as ownership is a key trait of our success!! But worry not, we also have strong Regional & Group Executive Chefs to assist with any help that is required as well as assist with your induction in to the business.
So if you are a Head Chef with an un-rivalled passion for food, can lead from the front & can organise your kitchen like no other… Get in touch!
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme.
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs, payroll and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Ollie, Steve and the team