Working with us
At Red Mist Leisure we want to deliver the best for our customers and continually exceed their expectations. We firmly believe in local, fresh and seasonal produce and we take great pride in our food and service. We recognise that customers have a choice where they spend their dining income, but by offering consistently great dining experiences, we will thereby retain and expand our customer base through the strength of our reputation and become first choice in our customer’s eyes.
We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team. It is a position that requires a strong leader who is personable, adaptable, energetic and capable of managing and motivating an extensive kitchen team to deliver excellent food and achieve impeccable standards in all aspects of the kitchen operation. A key aspect of the Head Chef role will be to train, develop and support their kitchen team.
- Delivering and maintaining an overall high standard of food with a continuous focus on innovation, sourcing of quality local produce, creativity and above all passion will be a key aspect of the Head Chef role.
- To assist the Pub Manager in running an exceptional pub, ensuring all our customers have a great experience, achieving all operational and commercial targets.
- To ensure we deliver a high standard of food always, ensuring all dishes are served at the correct portion size, quality and temperature and enforcing strict ticket times on service
- To be 'hands on' and that essential time is spent in managing and coaching the kitchen team.
- You will be required to manage/oversee all food purchasing via the approved supplier schedule, using our purchasing system
- Stock holding and stock management in line with fluctuating trading levels of the business
- Manage administration time to ensure you can plan and manage the kitchen operation effectively
- To work at other sites of the group, offering support, as required
- To ensure that all Health & Safety and food safety legislation and guidelines are implemented, adhered to and reviewed regularly, in respect of kitchen production, employees, machinery, equipment and hygiene.
- To ensure that the pub kitchen and storage areas are always clean, tidy, hygienic and effectively managed including the use of food labelling and stock rotation.
- Daily management of allergen information for all food being served
- To ensure that temperature records for core cooking, hot holding, delivery and fridge/frozen storage are accurately noted recorded and filed for six months.
- To understand COSHH regulations and ensure that only the correct cleaning products are used within the kitchen and that they are stored safely and correctly
- Effectively managing and developing the kitchen team, providing training and development to fellow team members to ensure best practice across the kitchen and to develop your staff
- To prepare all kitchen rotas in line with the needs of the business to the agreed target and to make these available on our online tool, for labour cost management
- To assist the Pub Manager with recruitment and selection of new kitchen staff, including the appropriate operational training.
- To understand the annual pub budget and your responsibility for managing key cost lines under the kitchen responsibility
- To generate and propose new ideas and initiatives to generate higher sales and increase customer footfall
- You will be required to deliver the budgeted targeted GP for the pub which will be measured formally monthly and will be managed and monitored via the GP tracker and reviewed on a weekly basis with the Pub Manager and Director
- To minimise wastage through management and preparation of produce
What we are looking for
- Passion for food. We love food and so do our customers. This is the reason most of them visit our pubs. It is essential to understand and to be passionate about great food.
- Totally customer focused. We must always strive to please them and exceed their expectations
- Self-motivation and drive. To always be enthusiastic and dedicated and to ensure that this motivation is filtered through the kitchen and front of house team.
- Honest, dedicated and hard working
- To have flair, ambition and the will to succeed and overcome challenges.
- Fun, inspiring and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service results
- To have the dedication, patience and skills to develop staff within your team
- Have good communication skills and be able to liaise effectively even under pressure.
- Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets.
Our support to you
- Support, training and development to improve your competency and skills in the role and to aid towards progression opportunities in the future
- Targeted Bonus scheme
- £500 retention bonus
- Competitive salary
- £250 when you refer a friend or family member to any pub at Red Mist
- Regular social events and familiarisation trips
- Free meals on duty
- Regular in-house staff competitions
- Increased annual leave through length of service
- Child Care vouchers
- Monthly & annual ‘Shining Star’ nominations and awards
- 25% discount on food and drink in all Red Mist Leisure pubs for up to 4 people
- Access to Perkbox, offering staff discounts on high street brands, local gyms, and cinemas
- Be part of our charity days and events
- Guaranteed Christmas day off
- 4% Pension contribution
How to apply
To apply for the role, please contact us at email@example.com