General Manager - The Lighthouse
The Lighthouse, Battersea is a popular and much-loved South West London local that specialises in keeping our community well fed and watered. We take pride on being more than just a pub; we are a reassuringly established institution!!
We are a great spot to come for all your favourite sports, have tasty home-cooked food throughout the week, and a brilliant walled garden which is used throughout the year.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now looking for a General Manager that loves creating a buzzy, friendly and energetic atmosphere and will embrace becoming part of the community. Our next General Manager should also have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to carry on building an impressive calendar of events to keep our customers coming back for more.
What’s in it for our next General Manager:
- The opportunity to be an autonomous General Manager where your ideas can be developed into the business and where your hard-work is regularly rewarded.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure which is based on % of EBITDA.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- An opportunity to bring your ideas to the table and really drive the business forward.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme.
What we’re looking for:
- Innovative, confident and pro-active approach to running a profitable business
- A real host! A charming and engaging personality that can build great relationships with staff and customers.
- Working knowledge of a drinks focused venue – cellar/stock management is an essential requirement.
- Comfortable working in an autonomous environment where primary business decisions are made at site level.
- Proactive in finding new business opportunities, networking and confident with marketing.
- Proven track record of controlling and managing budgets, Health & Safety and overall compliance.
- Confident working with a busy kitchen that can deliver consistent seasonal food
- A General Manager that can coach & develop their staff through, with assistance from our company-wide Management Training Programmes.
Some or all of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of local and international craft beer trends and wine regions.
- A passion for fun-filled pub events and the ability to plan a diverse year-round calendar.
- Personal License.
- Previous experience dealing with social media accounts and marketing-based sales campaigns.
- Passion and dedication to attention to detail across all areas of a high volume venue.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate, genuine hospitality ambassadors and keen to help us grow our growing reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.