Sous Chef - The Thatch, Thame
We’re looking for Head Chefs of the future when recruiting at this level, so if you’re ambitious, and want to receive the training and development you need to progress then Peach is for you.
Our best Sous Chefs are not only passionate foodies, but enjoy seeing others succeed and have a proven track record in developing the career of their junior teams.
You’ll have the ability to create menus and specials and have an understanding of trends and what your guests like to eat. You’ll have a vast repertoire, enjoy sharing your knowledge and are an inspiration to your team.
If you want to Make Life Peachy for your Team, your Guests and your Suppliers, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
Rewards and Benefits
- Paid overtime
- Partnership options and career development opportunities
- Achievable work life balance
- Christmas day off
- 70% off when you eat in any Peach Pub
- Quarterly Management training and inspiration days
- Peach Adventure Days, learning more about The Good Stuff we serve e.g. Jimmy Butlers Pigs, Scallop fishing, Laverstoke Mozzarella
- Performance related incentives
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Bonus as part of your package
Outline of Role Expectations
- Love cooking, being on the pass, and leading the team from the front line
- Passionate about quality, seasonal ingredients, creating menus and specials that reflect this
- Ambition, and confident running the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Thrive and remain calm under pressure
- Assist inbuilding an inspired, knowledgeable well trained team
- Build strong supplier relationships
- Understanding of achieving all financial targets in invested in the success of the entire business
- Work closely with the GM and FOH team
We are proud because:
- We’ve won The Caterer’s ‘Best Employers in Hospitality’ 5 consecutive years voted for by our team
- Voted in the top 50 of the Times Top 100 Best Employers 3 consecutive years
- Numerous Acorn awards
- Winner of The Cateys
- The Peach Foundation – our charity (find out more on our website)
- We Make Life Peachy for our Teams, Guests and Suppliers