Job Title: Bar Manager
Salary: Up to £9.50 per/hour
Name of Site: The Old Firehouse
Experience required: 1-year Supervisor/management
Widely acknowledged to be one of Exeter’s best ale and cider pubs, The Old Firehouse is very popular with students and locals alike and offers a buzzy atmosphere along with a great range of food and drink. Known for its live music from the best local bands and huge pizzas to the early hours of the morning, the old firehouse is truly a one of a kind must see venue.
The employees at the Firehouse are key to making the atmosphere, mood and energy of the pub what it is. We really are a family at the Firehouse, we strongly believe having a hard working, friendly like-minded team makes this fantastic pub successful.
To continue this success, we are now looking for a full-time bar manager to join our existing team.
We offer competitive hourly rates, company-wide discounts, Profit share, bonus schemes and an invigorating working environment.
Our Bar Managers roles and responsibilities:
- Creating an awesome atmosphere throughout the late nights and weekends, from quiz, spoken word and comedy night to live music every weekend.
- Assisting the GM and AM in the day to day running of the business.
- People management & shift running.
- Involved in the training and improving of new and existing employees.
- Making sure we have the best to offer for our loyal locals and students alike.
- Dealing with and managing complaints and discrepancies.
- Organising and arranging a variety of large bookings and student society meets.
- Ordering and negotiating with suppliers.
- Accepting deliveries and cellar management.
- Cash handling and back office duties.
Benefits our Bar Manager can Boast about:
- Pay that’ll keep your dog’s tail wagging.
- Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017.
- 50% off food and 20% off drink in all City Pub Co sites.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Flexible shift patterns with 2 days off a week.
- A tangible opportunity to progress your career.
- Working with an enthusiastic, hard working team.
A little about us:
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual, unique and has a quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our people just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in offering excellent service and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Gemma and the Team