Assistant Manager – Alfie’s
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000 DOE + financial incentives
Job Type: Full-time, 2 days off a week.
Experience: Bar/Restaurant Supervisor or Management role: 1 year (Required) OR Assistant Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Welcome to Alfie’s – We are the latest-opening venue in Winchester, with our bar, kitchen and BBQ closing at 3:00am every evening. We have a varied customer base ranging from students, ‘interesting’ locals, workers from the other hospitality venues in the city, after work drinkers and people looking for a great night out.
Due to our continued success and fantastic reputation, we’re looking for a talented Assistant Manager to help run our unique late-night pub in Winchester.
Perhaps you’re a Senior Supervisor looking to progress? Or maybe you want to extend your already strong Assistant Manager skills and try them out in a new environment? Either way, you will get the opportunity to work with a fun loving and feisty team. After settling in you will have great scope to develop ideas, launch new daytime or evening offers, be creative and grow, responsibilities will be varied and interesting.
If you have passion, professionalism and an eagerness to learn then we will offer you the following:
- Competitive pay (some of the best in the City!)
- Full training on a variety of relevant products & services.
- Opportunity to join our Assistant Manager training program after qualifying period.
- 28 days paid holiday per year with an extra day of holiday for the week of your birthday!!!
- Company profit share for all employees.
- An extra staff Christmas party a year on top of our inhouse one if we beat our December budget as a company. (Which we have done for the last 3 years!!!)
- Generous discounts on food and drink in all our sites.
- Bonus points to use in our company app on food and drink in all our sites which worked out to be worth £140 last year.
- Sales bonuses based on site performance and hours worked.
- A great team to work with, full of passion and characters where there’s never a dull day!
- Opportunity to grow and develop in a forward-thinking company.
Our Perfect Assistant Manager:
- Should be a bit of a ‘Night Owl’ and happy to work in a busy night-time venue.
- Be flexible about when you can work, Alfie’s trades from 11:30am until 3:00am every day.
- Customer driven and enjoy engaging with customers & cultivating relationships within a community.
- Proven ability to run extremely busy bar shifts whilst having the ability to motivate and manage a new team.
- A positive outlook and the confidence to take the initiative.
- Bring your own ideas to the table and be able to implement them.
- Sound knowledge of wines, spirits, beers and ales and be up to speed and efficient at stock management, beer quality and back of house systems.
- Experience and maturity to deal with and defuse aggravated situations.
- A passion for sport would be an advantage.
So what are you waiting for? Get in touch and jump in – you’ll be amazed at what Alfie’s can offer you!
Craig and the team