Head Chef - Dual Site
Head Chef – Dual Site
Salary: Up to £36,000
OTE/Bonus Potential: Up to £6,000
Location: The Strand
Name of Site: Dalys Wine Bar & Temple Brew House
Experience required: 2 Years’ as a Head Chef
Hours of work are predominantly Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday shift.
It’s not often that a golden opportunity comes along but at Dalys & Temple Brew House we are looking to find our next Head Chef to build on the huge success that these two sites have created.
This opportunity is not like anything else available in London right now. As Head Chef you have the opportunity to run the food operation for two completely contrasting restaurant areas!
At The Temple Brew House we are mad about beer! We were voted best beer pub in the UK 2017 and the menu aims to put out a menu to pair the best paired beer and food items. We smoke a lot of our own ingredients and have as much fun with varieties as possible. It gives our chefs a chance to show that its not all about fine dining when it comes to amazing food. We have our very own micro brewery, head brewer and over 100 beer varieties to boot.
Dalys Wine Bar is an institution that has stood the test of time for more than 30 years! We are opposite the Royal Courts of Justice and incredibly popular with the legal community. The restaurant area enjoys a menu of British classics with a twist and is there for the right head chef to showcase their skills on a small format of small plates, mains and sharing platters.
As Head Chef, you will be running these two offers from one kitchen. We have a long standing and experienced team who can perform all facets of the kitchen and are keen to be involved with menu design. We are looking for an organised and strong communicator, that understands the pressures of service and can handle high volume.
Our Head Chef will be given creative freedom on the menu, as long as you are managing a highly successful and inspired kitchen team.
There is a lot to get excited about and the ability to test yourself in two venues throughout the week means that a Head Chef with strong service skills will quickly develop to the next stage of their career!
What’s in it for our next Head Chef:
- The chance to head up our food offer in one our most diverse venues.
- A unique, progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Consistently working with fresh ingredients and evolving interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus across a range of different trading areas and concepts.
- Achievable transparent Bonus Structure.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme.
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- Someone with a background in dealing with high volumes and preparing fresh ingredients.
- You must have your finger on the pulse, know what the current trends are and what the future is likely to hold.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills, you’ll be overseeing a large team operating over 2 kitchens with several different menus.
- A team player who will be expected to build, motivate, and develop your brigade to get the best results from them at all times.
- Experience with menu development, costings and ongoing quality control.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
- Have a passion for developing people’s careers and promoting from within.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.