Salary: Up to £29000 per annum plus bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: £3000
Name of Site: The Cork
The Cork is looking for a Head Chef or experienced Sous Chef to take our eclectic, world street food inspired menu to the next level. We’re looking for a passionate and creative Chef that can utilise their abilities to drive sales and build our reputation for food, for which you will be rewarded both financially and professionally.
As one of the busiest pubs in the centre of Bath, with arguably the best beer garden in the city, The Cork offers no fuss, wholesome food in a fast paced environment so speed of service, organisation and discipline are essential.
Operated by the award-winning City Pub Group, we are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential. So if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing interesting ideas, this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure
- Employee Profit Share Scheme – paid out £750 in 2017
- Performance related Share Options
- Training and development including the opportunity to become a ‘Mentor’ to our Academy Members
- Companywide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, and Employee Assistance Programme
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and experienced individual who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and *5 Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with a fast paced environment and preparing fresh ingredients.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Tom and Team