CASTLE HARROW - KITCHEN
The Castle is an old, traditional pub, serving a largely local crowd with fresh food and ales. Plenty of original 18th century features make this a place of real character.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
The Castle Harrow on the Hill is looking for a passionate Sous Chef, who can bring their skills and experience to the team whilst supporting the Head Chef.
The Castle is a traditional pub at the heart of the local community. Our extensive food offer features the best fresh seasonal ingredients and ranges from our full a la carte menu and prix fixe lunch, to weekend brunch, epic Sunday roasts and summer BBQs in the garden.
We have a well organised kitchen team, who have delivered consistent sales growth and high standards over the past 18 months. You will be central to the continued success, with the ability to organise and motivate the team during service, whilst managing the administrative side of the role in the Head Chef’s absence – including stock taking, ordering and health and safety responsibilities.
We are offering a competitive salary plus a share of Tronc as well as great company benefits, including a generous discount across the Fuller’s estate.
We will also fully support your future development - the Chef Scholarship training course offers a great opportunity to progress within Fuller’s.
Our shift patterns are well balanced, with a maximum 45 hours per week, two days off and one weekend in six scheduled off.
Could you unlock the potential in our kitchen?
Join us as a Sous Chef and you’ll be right at the cutting edge of our kitchen’s creativity. You’ll be second in command to the Head Chef, adding your experience and wisdom to the team mix.
Food is a serious business in Fuller’s pubs, so you’ll be working in an advanced kitchen to create fabulous, fresh dishes – using the best of seasonal, local ingredients.
- Work for a company that shares your passion for food
- Develop your skills towards a Head Chef role
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% off in all Fuller's pubs!
- Take advantage of our fantastic Chef Scholarships and gain a recognised qualification in the process.
As deputy to the Head Chef, you’ll take full control of the kitchen when they’re away. It’s a great opportunity to make a real impact, and prove yourself ready to step up to the Head Chef role.
And you’ll be supported every step of the way by a team of talented Executive Chefs and Fuller’s training team to help you to develop your career.
You’ll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You’ll be able to bring the best out in others – and you’ll take immense pride in every successful service.
A hygiene qualification, excellent food knowledge and food safety awareness are all be essential for this role. But we’re interested in your personality and potential too – not just your previous experience.
- You must thrive under pressure
- You’ll have great communication skills
- You should be able to lead a team
- You’ll set yourself the highest standards
Please understand that we will also need proof of your right to work in the UK.