Head Chef - The Waterman
Salary: £29,000 – £32,000 per annum plus bonus
OTE/Bonus Potential: £3,800 per annum
Name of Site: The Waterman
Experience required: Sous chef with 3 years ready to take on Head Chef role or Head chef with minimum 1-year experience.
Our Kitchen is the beating heart of The Waterman, being a central hub to the pub and our little café next door – No.30. Feeding guests for both areas as well as guests from our boutique guest rooms upstairs. Additionally, we also cater for private functions in the ‘Potting Shed’ situated in our beer garden out back.
Due to an internal move, we are now looking for an experienced Head Chef that can lead and manage a busy kitchen which is operational from 7am until 10pm. Our perfect Head Chef will have a minimum of 2-years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume kitchen, in either an independent or managed Gastro Pub. As Head Chef you will be responsible for developing your team, managing kitchen spend and working to budgets as well as developing and costing your own regularly changing menus.
Our next Head Chef should have a good understanding of the modern British pub scene and be constantly monitoring new trends and fashions as well as up to date cooking techniques.
Reporting to our awesome General Manager Jessie, (our gorgeous Pub Dog “Bruno”) and the Regional Chef Ed, you will be responsible for the smooth, efficient running of your kitchen and the continual development of the food and its staff.
City Pub Group are an independent Pub Company that believe in empowering and developing talented people to reach their full potential, so if you have a passion for working with quality fresh ingredients and developing exciting seasonal menus this could well be the challenge you’ve been waiting for!
We offer excellent benefits including company profit share, share options and bonuses, plus a whole lot more.
What’s in it for our Head Chef:
- Progressive and collaborative working environment.
- Work with fresh ingredients and evolve interesting, quirky and seasonally changing menus.
- Achievable Transparent Bonus Structure.
- Performance related Share Options.
- Training and development including our chef development programme.
- Company-wide benefits including 50% off food and 20% off drink.
- Additional benefits including Cycle to Work Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
About our next Head Chef:
- An enthusiastic, dynamic and qualified Head Chef who takes pride in what they do and is ready for a new challenge.
- A determined and hard-working chef that is able to collaborate with Senior Management on a thoughtful and well-structured menu.
- Proven track record of running a professional kitchen including managing budgeted GPs and 5* Food Hygiene.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of building, motivating and developing teams to get the best results at all times.
The following skills would also be advantageous:
- Menu development and costing experience.
- Proven track record of managing budgeted GP’s.
- History of training and developing teams.
- A background of dealing with high volume and preparing fresh ingredients.
- Operated by the award-winning vibrant and rapidly growing City Pub Group.
- Each one of our sites, much like our teams, is individual a unique and quirky personality!
- We believe in looking after our People just as well as we look after our customers.
Applicants must be passionate and take great pride in what they put on the plate and help us grow our good reputation further.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jessie Simmonds, “Bruno” and Team